Our dietitian schedules phone appointments on Monday Wednesday and Friday.
Our registered dietitian sees patients on a referral basis from the Carlisle Medical Centre’s physicians and provides a full range of nutrition counseling. Self-referrals are welcome. The dietitian will work in collaboration with your health care team to ensure the best quality care.
The goal of our dietitian, as part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare team, is to provide nutritional counseling to prevent disease and promote good health.
A registered dietitian can help you:
- Learn how to read food labels
- Choose healthier options on a limited income or when eating on the run
- Maintain a healthy body weight and lifestyle
- Manage existing health problems and optimize health, for:
- High Blood Pressure
- Gastrointestinal Issues (Reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Celiac Disease, Food Intolerances)
- Prenatal and Infant Nutrition
- Vegetarianism or Sports Nutrition
You can see the dietitian by yourself or with your family. Your dietitian can provide one-time or on-going support to help you achieve your goals. An emphasis is placed on healthy eating habits and lifestyle changes as the cornerstones to reducing risks and preventing/controlling diseases.
Before seeing the dietitian, you may be asked to write down what you eat for a few days and bring that to your appointment. Initial appointments are usually 1 hour in length, and follow up appointments are typically 30 minutes. Together, you and your dietitian will develop a plan to help you reach your goals. Depending on your goals you may continue to see the dietitian for 6-12 months.